This information can affect how certain transactions are approved on your account. You currently have Overdraft Privilege on your checking account, which can pay to cover transactions even though you do not have enough money in your account. INSOUTH Bank needs your permission to continue this discretionary customer service; otherwise, transactions like ATM withdrawals or purchases with your INSOUTH Bank MasterCard Check Card could be refused or returned if you do not have sufficient funds.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as loans and lines of credit tied to your checking account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
● Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
● Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
● ATM transactions
● Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if INSOUTH Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
● We will charge you a fee of up to $32 each time we pay an overdraft.
● Also, if your account is overdrawn for 3 consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $6 per day.
● There is a $320.00 daily limit on the total fees we can charge for overdrawing your account.
What if I want INSOUTH Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call us at 866-348-3614; visit www.insouth.com, click on the Overdraft Privilege Opt-In button, and fill out the Consent Form;
- INSOUTH is not obligated to pay any item presented for payment if your account does not contain sufficient collected funds. [1030.11(b)(iv)]
- Types of transactions that will result in a fee if they cause an overdraft are checks, ACH Authorizations, ATM withdrawals, preauthorized automatic debits, telephone-initiated transfers or other electronic transfers, purchases you make with your ATM/VISA Check Card, the return of unpaid items deposited by you, the imposition of bank account fees or the deposit of items which according to the Banks Funds Availability Policy, are treated as not yet available. [1030.11(b)(ii)]
- The amount of any overdrafts plus our NSF and/or overdraft charges that is owed us shall be due and payable on demand. [1030.11(b)(iii)]
Opt In Now!