INSOUTH Bank’s Online Access Agreement
This Online Access Agreement for accessing your accounts via INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking (“INSOUTH Online”) explains the terms and conditions governing the following online services: banking, Bill Pay and other banking services offered through INSOUTH Online Services. The accounts that may be accessed via the INSOUTH Online Services include only accounts maintained with INSOUTH Bank.
Your access to any of your accounts through INSOUTH Online confirms your agreement to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Online Access Agreement and acknowledges your receipt and understanding of this disclosure.
View our Terms and Conditions for using insouth.com.
- About INSOUTH Online Internet Banking
- Internet Security Information
- Log-In Security
- Fees for the INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking Service
- Balance Inquiries, Bill Payments and Transfers Limitations
- Special Information about Secure E-Mail
- Stop Payment – Web Initiated ACH Entries
- Bill Payment Service
- Making payments to the IRS
- Our Liability for Incomplete Transactions
- Payment Guarantee
- Notice of Your Rights and Liabilities
- Errors and Questions
- Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties
- No Signature Requirements
- New Services
- Online Security Precautions For Your Safety
- Governing Law
- Entire Agreement
This INSOUTH Online Internet Banking Agreement and Disclosure governs your use of INSOUTH Online Internet Banking. Throughout this web site the Agreement and Disclosure will be referred to as “Agreement”. By using INSOUTH Online Internet Banking, you agree to all of the terms of this Agreement. Please read it carefully and keep a copy for your records.
You or Your – The person(s) subscribing to or using INSOUTH Online Internet Banking.
We, Us, or Our – Refers to INSOUTH Bank and any agent, independent contractor, designee, or assignee INSOUTH Bank may involve in the provision of INSOUTH Online Internet Banking.
Business Day – Any calendar day other than Saturday, Sunday, or any holidays recognized by INSOUTH Bank. Bill payments are processed on all business days that both the Federal Reserve Bank and the US Postal System are operating and open for business.
Business Day Cut-Off – INSOUTH Bank branch offices are located in Brownsville, Covington, Atoka, Millington, and Memphis TN and base our business day on Central Time (CT). For posting purposes, the bank will process all transactions completed by 5:00 p.m. on that business date. Transactions completed after 5:00 PM, including transfers, will be processed on the following business day.
Privacy Statement – INSOUTH Bank understands how important privacy is to our customers. We have taken steps to insure your security and privacy for your personal and financial dealings with the bank. Our customer privacy statement can be obtained by any INSOUTH Privacy Statement link or button throughout INSOUTH Online.
INSOUTH Online Internet Banking consists of an online banking web site that provides a complete array of financial services to its customers. INSOUTH Bank allows customers to access their account information.
The INSOUTH Internet Banking system that is accessible by INSOUTH Bank’s customers over the Internet currently consists of:
- Account inquiries, balances, etc.
- Statement inquiries
- Transfer money between accounts
- Secure e-mails to customer service and file transfers
- Transaction download
- View detailed transactions
- Transfer payments to INSOUTH Bank loan accounts
- One time & reoccurring account transfers
- eStatements / eNotices
For customers who select Bill Payment, these additional functions are available:
- Pay anyone! Add any person or company in the United States as a payee, and then make payments to those payees at your convenience. The only payments you can’t make through this service are court-ordered payments and state and federal tax payments.
- Receive and pay e-bills online. Many payees can send you electronic bills (e-bills) through INSOUTH Bill Payment.
- Schedule repeating payments. Automatically make repeating payments, such as your mortgage payment or your rent, at the frequency you choose.
- Make payments on the Internet with a secure and reliable system. INSOUTH Bill Payment uses SSL (secure sockets layer), which ensures that your connections and information are secure from outside inspection. INSOUTH Bill Payment also uses 40-bit or 128-bit encryption (whichever your browser supports) to make your information unreadable as it passes through the Internet.
INSOUTH Online Internet Banking is part of a Network that utilizes a comprehensive security strategy to protect your accounts and transactions conducted over the Internet. In-depth information on many of the techniques and features employed by the system can be viewed and are explained in our INSOUTH Bank Security statement. In addition to our log-in security, we use the SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology for everything you do in the INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking system. Whenever SSL is securing your communications, the browser will typically indicate the “secure session” by changing the appearance of a small icon of a padlock at the bottom of the screen from open to locked. What this means to you is that your communications are scrambled from your browser to our servers at all times so no unauthorized party can read the information as it is carried over the Internet.
Security is very important to INSOUTH Bank. When you login to the service for the first time, you will use your account number and your INSIGHT password. You will then be prompted to select a new “Access ID” and “password” that will be used to gain access to your accounts. Additionally, you will select and name a security image. Each time you log-in, you will see your security image and know you are on the authentic bank site.
Your session limit is unlimited, but to help prevent unauthorized access and ensure the security of your accounts, we will end your online session if we have detected no activity for 15 minutes. This is to protect you in case you accidentally leave your computer unattended after you log on. When you return to your computer, you will be prompted to re-enter your password and your session will continue where you left off. Because your password is used to access your accounts, you should treat it as you would any other sensitive personal data. You should carefully select a password that is hard to guess. Keep your password safe. Memorize your password and never tell it to anyone. You may consider changing your password occasionally, such as every 90 days. This can be done at any time, after you are logged in, from the “options” menu.
The INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking service is available to our personal and business account customers at no monthly charge for all account information services, transfers, and Bill-Payment.
You may use INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking to check the balance of your accounts and to transfer funds among your accounts. There are no limits to the number of transfers or bill payments from your Checking Accounts, unless restricted by the terms of the checking account. INSOUTH Bank currently limits the bill-payment service to checking accounts only.
Balances in your accounts may differ from your records due to deposits in progress, outstanding checks or other withdrawals, payments or charges. If you have further questions, contact your INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking Customer Service Department.
When you initiate a request to place a stop payment order through INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking, on a debit item, you must do so at least three banking days prior to the scheduled date of entry.
The system includes a “contact us” button that will provide a means to securely forward your request or comments to us for processing. Generally, requests received from the system will be processed within two business days using procedures that would handle similar requests received by mail or fax. If urgent action is required, we recommend that you contact INSOUTH Bank directly by telephone or in person.
To sign up for INSOUTH Bill Payment, simply select the “Bill Payment” option from INSOUTH Bank’s home banking application. After you enroll, you can start using INSOUTH Bill Payment by following these two simple steps:
- Add a bill. Tell us who you want to pay by going to “Add Bill” Setup and adding a bill. After you add bills to your bills list, you can start making payments. You can also request e-bills from payees that can send electronic bills.
- Make a payment. After adding a bill, you can make a payment to the bill. Go to the “Payments Center” to schedule a single or repeating payment to the payee
INSOUTH Bill Payment lets you make payments and receive and pay bills online through INSOUTH Bank. You can make payments to anyone, anytime, anywhere in the United States , from your mortgage lender to your newspaper carrier. The only payments you cannot make through your bill payment service are court-ordered payments, state and federal tax payments, and international payments.
The date you select will be the date that you want the payee to receive the payment. INSOUTH Bill Payment pre-fills the Payment Date with the earliest possible payment date. INSOUTH Bill Payment determines whether a payment is sent electronically or by check, based on whether the payee accepts electronic payments and other guidelines.
If you schedule a payment for a date that falls on a weekend or holiday, the payment date will be moved to the previous business day. For example, if you schedule a payment date on a Saturday or Sunday, the payment date is moved to the previous Friday.
After a payment is scheduled, it appears as Scheduled on the Payment Center page. After the payment is processed, the status changes to Processed. The payee receives your payment on the payment date you specified and credits your account. Sometimes, however, the payee may take a few days to apply the payment to your account.
The daily limit for the total dollars of payments approved is governed by the system’s available balance in the checking account selected for making the payment. You can withdraw up to the system’s available balance as long as your account shows sufficient funds to cover your payments.
Although payments may be scheduled for the current business day or any date in the future at any time, they will only be processed once a day at our cutoff time, usually around 5:00 PM CT on any business day. Anything scheduled after the cutoff time, will not be sent out until the following business day.
Electronic billing lets you receive electronic bills (e-bills) online through INSOUTH Bill Payment. Some payees are able to send e-bills to their customers. If you add a payee that is e-bill-capable, you have the opportunity to request e-bills from the payee.
Once your request has been authorized, you’ll receive an e-bill from the payee within a month or so, depending on the payee’s billing cycle. You can pay the e-bill directly, and you can also continue to make single payments to the payee whenever you need to.
To stop receiving e-bills from a payee, go to “Manage My Bills”, and then select the payee. Select Click here to stop e-bill service. The payee is notified to stop sending e-bills. However, you may receive an e-bill after canceling e-bill service due to the payee’s billing cycle. Make a payment to the payee from the Payment Center page to cover the e-bill or make the payment by some other means.
If you have questions about an e-bill, please contact the payee directly. All information on the e-bill comes directly from the payee, the same as when they mail you a paper bill. Remember that you control the payment amount when you pay the e-bill.
If an e-bill amount is incorrect, make sure to contact the payee to avoid any late charges. Look on your last bill for the payee’s customer service phone number.
To Cancel your Bill Payment Service
Contact Customer Service, please call 1-800-541-3891.
Before you cancel your service, keep in mind the following:
- You should print a copy of the Payment Activity – Bill Payments page and the Payment Activity – E-mail Payments page to keep for your records before you cancel your service.
- If you decide to use INSOUTH Bill Payment again, you will have to re-enroll and set up your payee list and nickname list again.
INSOUTH Bill Payment is FREE for all checking accounts.
INSOUTH Bill Payment uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure.
- User Name and Password: Your user name and password are unique identifiers that only you know. As long as you don’t share your user name and password with anyone, no one can sign in to INSOUTH Bill Payment as you.
- SSL: INSOUTH Bill Payment uses SSL (secure sockets layer) which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption: INSOUTH Bill Payment uses 40-bit or 128-bit encryption (whichever your browser supports) to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out: In addition, INSOUTH Bill Payment automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for a predefined number of minutes (usually ten minutes). It is best if you sign out immediately after you are finished using INSOUTH Bill Payment.
It’s important to keep your personal information up to date so that we can contact you if necessary. You can review your personal information on the My Profile page.
Because of liability issues, you may not make payments through INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking to any federal, state or local tax agencies. We regret this limitation in our bill payment service.
It is our responsibility to process all bill payments properly initiated through the INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking system in accordance with this Agreement. We will be liable for damages, as defined in this Agreement, where the system caused a payment delay or failed to process a payment to be received by the payee/vendor by the tenth business day following the date your account was charged for the payment. Transfers will be processed within two business days of the completed transfer transaction. We will not be liable if any of the following occurs:
- Funds are not showing on the system’s available balance in your account that is to pay for the bill or transfer at the time of transaction.
- Funds are subject to legal process.
- You had knowledge of or questions about the possible malfunction of the system when you initiated the transaction.
- Any information provided by you about the Payee is incorrect.
- There are any delays in the handling of the payment by the Payees.
- Natural disasters (fire, flood, tornado, etc.) or other uncontrollable circumstances (mail delays, power failures, etc.) prevent proper completion and delivery of transactions.
- Other applicable laws and/or regulations exempt us from liability.
- It can be shown that the merchant or payee received the payment within the normal delivery time frame and failed to process the payment through no fault of INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking or our service providers.
- It can be shown that the delay was caused by unusual mailing delays by the US
We will reimburse you up to $50 per payment for any late payment fees or penalties you are charged as a result of the Payee/Vendor not receiving a payment by the Due Date if all of the following apply:
- You scheduled the payment before the cutoff time on a transaction date at least ten (10) business days prior to the Due Date.
- Correct information was provided to us about the Payee (name, address, account number, and amount).
- Your account contained sufficient available funds to complete the payment or transaction on the transaction date.
- The Payee was a Business Payee that charges late charges or penalties.
- Late payment fees or penalties were assessed by the Payee due to the delay of this payment.
- You received no prior notice from the Payee/Vendor that there was a problem with processing payments from our system.
- You received no notice within the ten business day period that would have allowed you to alert our INSOUTH Bank Banking department of a problem where we could have taken corrective action to remedy the situation prior to the tenth day.
Notify us immediately if your Access ID and Password have been compromised, lost or stolen. Failure to notify us immediately could result in the loss of all money accessible by the password.
If we are notified within two (2) business days after you discover that your Access ID and Password have been compromised, lost or stolen, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used it without your permission. If you do not notify us within two (2) business days, and we can prove we could have prevented someone from using the Access ID and Password without your permission, you could lose as much as $500.
If your statement shows unauthorized transfers, notify us within 60 days after the statement is mailed to you or viewed on your computer. After 60 days, if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if we had been told, lost funds might not be recovered.
In cases of errors or questions concerning transactions completed with INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking, do one of the following, as soon as possible:
- Telephone INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking Customer Service at (800) 541-3891; or
- Write to INSOUTH Bank Internet Banking Customer Service at PO Box 879, Brownsville, TN 38012; or
- Notify us using your PC through e-mail to email@example.com
- We must hear from you within 60 days after you receive the first statement or notification in which the error or problem appeared. Please include the following information
- Account Number and your Access ID
- Description of the error or what you are unsure about, plus an explanation of why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the amount of the error.
If you are experiencing a payment problem that you are unable to solve, you can send a message about the payment by going to Payment Activity, viewing the payment you have a question about, and clicking the Inquire about this paymentlink. Following these steps sends your payment information along with your inquiry. You are also prompted to provide more information about your payment problem.
A payment must have a status of Processed before you can send a payment inquiry.
To send a message about a payment from the Payment Activity page:
- Click View Bill History
- Find the payment you have a question about.
- Click View Details.
The Payment Activity – View Payment page opens.
- Click Payment Inquiry.
- Complete all of the boxes that you can so we have as much information about your situation as possible.
- In Additional Comments, include any other comments that help explain the problem.
- Click Send Inquiry.
Message is sent.
Check Messages in three to four business days for a reply.
Information to third parties about your account(s) or the transaction(s) you make will only be disclosed if at least one of the following applies:
- It is necessary to complete a transaction.
- To verify the existence and condition of your account to a third party such as a credit bureau or merchant.
- To comply with a governmental agency or court order.
- If permission is given to us by you, which we may require to be in writing.
- To collect information for internal use, the use of our service providers, and our servicing agents and contractors concerning our electronic funds transfer service.
- It involves a claim by or against us concerning a deposit to or withdrawal from your account.
Where otherwise required or permitted under state or federal laws and/or regulations.
When any payment or other on-line service generates items to be charged to your account, you agree that we may debit the designated account, or the account on which the item is drawn, without requiring your signature on the item and without any notice to you.
INSOUTH Bank may, from time to time, introduce new INSOUTH Online services. We shall update this Online Access Agreement to notify you of the existence of these new services. By using these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the terms contained in this Online Access Agreement.
INSOUTH Bank works hard to keep your account and personal information secure. However, as you do business online there are important precautions you can take to help safeguard your personal information:
- If you are a Digital Banking user, check your contact information to ensure it is up to date. This information is vital for receiving important security alerts and notifications about your account. It is also used when verifying changes to your account such as login information updates.
- Keep IDs and passwords confidential.
- Use passwords that include letters and numbers that are not easily discernable (do not use birthdays, child’s name, etc.). Security experts recommend passwords should contain a minimum of 14 characters.
- Change your passwords frequently.
- Use different passwords for each online service. More passwords make it difficult for a thief to hack multiple accounts if one password is stolen.
- Keep your security software up to date which reduces the chance of your personal computer getting compromised.
They may seem like simple things, but these precautions and your vigilance in monitoring your accounts and credit report for fraudulent activity can go a long way in reducing your exposure to online identity theft.
This agreement and the account or service you are accessing via INSOUTH Bank will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee.
This agreement may not be assigned to any other party by you. We may assign or delegate, in part or whole, to any third party.
Terms and conditions of this agreement may be amended in whole or part at any time within 30 days written notification prior to the change taking effect. If you do not agree with the change(s), you must notify us in writing prior to the effective date to cancel your access. Amendments or changes to term(s) or condition(s) may be made without prior notice if it does not result in higher fees, more restrictive service use, or increased liability to you.
This Agreement supplements any other agreements or disclosures related to your account(s), including the Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosures. If there is a conflict between this Agreement and any others, or any statements made by employees or agents, this agreement shall supersede.
- Look at the Online Help for Important tips when logging in.