Help When You Need It Most
Talk with your local INSOUTH Bank branch about our overdraft protection coverage.Contact Us
Relax – You Deserve Consideration!
Have you ever made an honest mistake in your checkbook, or found yourself a “little short” in your account? Rather than automatically returning unpaid any insufficient items you may have, INSOUTH Bank will consider payment of your reasonable overdrafts, without obligation to pay any overdraft.
This discretionary customer courtesy is available with most personal checking accounts after your account has been open for 30 days in good standing, and may be revoked by the Bank at any time without notice. Our normal non-sufficient funds and/or overdraft charges apply to each item that would create an overdraft, whether the item is paid or returned. We are not promising to pay any overdrafts, and some restrictions do apply. We also have loan products which may be tied to checking accounts for overdraft protection, on credit approval. Please ask for an Overdraft Privilege Service Description available at any INSOUTH location or contact us.
Information about Overdraft Protection
- Overdraft fee is $32 per item and is subject to change. Fees may be imposed for any debit transaction that causes your account to be overdrawn, including by check, in-person or ATM withdrawal, Visa Check Card, or withdrawal/transfer by any other manual or electronic means.
- If your accounts stays in an overdraft status for 3 consecutive business days, a daily charge of $6.00 will be charged until your account is brought to a positive balance.
- We reserve the right to require you to pay any overdraft immediately or upon demand. We also reserve the right not to pay overdrafts. We typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, you are not making regular deposits, or you have too many overdrafts.
- This information can affect how certain transactions are approved on your account. If you currently have Overdraft Privilege on your checking account, which can pay to cover transactions even though you do not have enough money in your account. INSOUTH Bank needs your permission to continue this discretionary customer service; otherwise, transactions like ATM withdrawals or purchases with your INSOUTH Bank Visa Check Card could be refused or returned if you do not have sufficient funds.
1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as loans and lines of credit tied to your checking account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
● Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
● Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
● ATM transactions
● Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
- We will charge you a fee up to $32 each time we pay or return a transaction that overdraws your account.
- If multiple transactions are paid or returned in one day, we will limit the accumulation of the (NSF) fees to $160 per day.
- The $32 (NSF) fee will not be charged if your checking account balance is overdrawn $5 or less.
- If you account stays in an overdrawn status 3 consecutive business days, on the 3rd business day a $6 charge will be imposed each business day until your account is brought to a positive balance.
- INSOUTH is not obligated to pay any item presented for payment if your account does not contain sufficient collected funds. [1030.11(b)(iv)]
- Types of transactions that will result in a fee if they cause an overdraft are checks, ACH Authorizations, ATM withdrawals, preauthorized automatic debits, telephone-initiated transfers or other electronic transfers, purchases you make with your ATM/VISA Check Card, the return of unpaid items deposited by you, the imposition of bank account fees or the deposit of items which according to the Banks Funds Availability Policy, are treated as not yet available. [1030.11(b)(ii)]
- The amount of any overdrafts plus our NSF and/or overdraft charges that is owed us shall be due and payable on demand. [1030.11(b)(iii)]